Latest Team Rankings
Free Text Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 9, 2013
Calloway County Opens Season in Tennessee
This past weekend brought a lot of good games and performances. We have a breakdown of this weekend and what to watch for today.
Scores from the Weekend
#4 Perry County Central (72) vs. Knox Central (62) (at Jackson County)
Lawrence County (70) vs. Pikeville (61)
#1 Ballard (84) vs. Arsenal Tech (87) (at Marshall County Hoopfest)
#1 Ballard (92) vs. Moss Point (71) (at Marshall County Hoopfest)
#2 Knott County Central (85) at Magoffin County (55)
#3 Trinity (62) at Bowling Green (57)
#4 Perry County Central (88) vs. Powell County (62)
#6 Hopkinsville (79) at Marshall County (60)
#8 Holmes (82) vs. Purcell Marian (OH) (51)
#13 Wayne County (93) vs. Whitley County (54)
#15 Hazard (54) vs. Pikeville (36)
#17 Cordia (74) vs. Lexington Catholic (71)
#18 Montgomery County (90) vs. Ashland Blazer (65)
#21 Bishop Brossart (72) vs. Georgetown (OH) (59)
#22 Campbell County (79) at Dixie Heights (77)
#23 Elizabethtown (70) at #24 Thomas Nelson (62)
Madison Central (115) vs. John Hardin (108) (at Thomas Nelson for Purple Cow Round-up)
Lexington Christian (62) vs. Green County (54) (at Larue County for Corky Cox Classic)
Augusta (73) at Lloyd Memorial (57)
Knox Central (72) vs. East Jessamine (68) (at Jackson County for PRTC Classic)
Shelby Valley (91) vs. Lee County (56)
- Justin Johnson had 23 points and 25 rebounds and Braxton Beverly had 33 points and 11 assists as Perry County Central beat
Knox Central Friday.
- Robert Dalton led the way for Lawrence County with 21 points as they beat Pikeville. Brandon Richardson added 16 points, Austin Chaffin had 14 points and Timmy Dalton had 13 points.
- Quentin Snider had 26 points and 8 rebounds, Kelan Martin had 16 points and 9 rebounds, Jalen Perry had 16 points and Rijad Kovacevic added 14 points in Ballard's loss to Arsenal Tech. Snider had 18 points and 9 assists and Kelan Martin had 30 points and 12 rebounds. Snider is averaging 26 points per game and Martin is averaging 25 points per game.
- Camron Justice had 33 points and 3 rebounds as Knott County Central beat Magoffin County on Saturday.
- Justin Johnson had 25 points and 20 rebounds and Braxton Beverly had 29 points and 10 assists as Perry County Central beat Powell County on Saturday.
- JaQualis Matlock led Hopkinsville with 18 points and 9 rebounds as they beat Marshall County. Austin Rentfrow led the Marshall with 20 points in the loss.
- Quinton Chames led Holmes with 15 points and James Bolden added 14 points as Holmes beat Purcell Marian (OH).
- Peyton Woods had 34 points and Corey Stearns had 19 points and 9 rebounds as Wayne County beat Whitley County.
- Josh Hollan had 15 points and Chris Hudson added 14 points as Hazard beat Pikeville.
- Christen Cunningham had 23 points, 5 rebounds and 5 assists as Cordia beat Lexington Catholic on Saturday.
- Bryan Wallace had 29 points, 10 steals and 9 assists as Montgomery County rolled past Ashland Blazer on Saturday.
- Drew Burns had 22 points and 10 rebounds and Alex Trentman added 21 points and 10 rebounds as Bishop Brossart beat Georgetown (OH).
- Dre Jackson had 17 points, 2 rebounds and 2 assists as Campbell County narrowly beat Dixie Heights.
- Ja'Von Cotton had 18 points as Elizabethtown beat Thomas Nelson. Austin Willett led Thomas Nelson with 16 points.
- Demarcus George led Madison Central with 29 points and 17 rebounds and Cameron Thomas had 26 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists and 2 steals on 9/14 shooting as Madison Central beat John Hardin. Patrick Anderson led John Hardin with 50 points and 5 steals and Keon Williams added 32 points, 5 rebounds and 5 steals.
- Matt Rose had 11 points and 6 rebounds and Drew Trimble added 9 points and 5 rebounds as LCA beat Green County.
- Brent Bach scored 34 points as Augusta beat Lloyd Memorial. Bach is averaging 31 points per game through three games.
- Ronnie Carson scored 21 points, 11 assists and 8 rebounds as East Jessamine fell to Knox Central by 4.
- Tyler Carr had 24 points, 2 rebounds, 3 assists and 5 steals as Shelby Valley beat Lee County on Saturday.
Top 25 Teams in Action
#15 Hazard vs. Shelby Valley*
#20 Bullitt East vs. North Bullitt
#21 Bishop Brossart vs. Silver Grove
Other Intriguing Match-ups
Madison Central at Harrison County
Calloway County at Henry County (TN)
- Hazard should get a good test from Shelby Valley after winning each of their first three games by an average of 31 points.
- Madison Central goes on the road to face a really good Harrison County team. Will there be any letdown from their three OT game against John Hardin?
- 1st region contender Calloway County opens their season on the road in Tennessee against Henry County. How will they fare?