Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 5, 2013
Hopkinsville, Caldwell County and Cordia all set for First Games
Wednesday night had only a few games on the slate, but Thursday promises a lot more action. Check out scores and statistics from yesterday as well as match-ups and story-lines for today.
Allen Central (92) vs. Riverside Christian (45)
Augusta (68) vs. Robertson County (59)
Cooper (59) vs. Walton-Verona (35)
Lexington Catholic (69) vs. Frankfort (29)
Southern (81) vs. Evangel Christian (40)
Gallatin County (71) at Williamstown (30)
- Brent Bach had 29 points for Augusta as the Panthers beat Robertson County. He's averaging 29 points per game through two games.
- Senior Spencer Holland and freshman Sean McNeil both had 13 points for Cooper. Senior Zach McNeil added 12 points as Cooper beat Walton-Verona.
- Tanner Johnson had 23 points for Lexington Catholic as the Knights rolled Frankfort. Michael Talbott added 15 points and Reese Ryan and Jarod Griffin both had 12 points.
Top 25 match-ups
#6 Hopkinsville at Russellville (Cancelled)
#9 Holmes at Lloyd Memorial
#11 Scott County at Ryle
#16 Hazard vs. Owsley County
#17 Lexington Christian Academy at Christian Academy of Louisville
#18 Henderson County vs. St. Mary (at Marshall County Hoopfest) (Cancelled)
#21 Bullitt East at Moore
#22 Bishop Brossart at Newport
Other intriguing match-ups
Marshall County vs. St. Mary (at Marshall County Hoopfest)
Anderson County vs. East Jessamine
Caldwell County vs. Fort Campbell* (Cancelled)
Cordia vs. Buckhorn
Jeffersontown vs. Seneca
Graves County vs. Massac County (IL) (at Marshall County Hoopfest)
*Game of the Day
- Scott Count should be able to rebound against Ryle after their opening lose to #1 Ballard. What kind of game will Trent Gilbert have?
- LCA takes on CAL tonight at CAL. How will they rebound from their loss at Boyle County?
- Hopkinsville may have the best pair of guards in the state with Tra Edwards and Quan Poindexter. How do they fare in their opening game?
- East Jessamine's Ronnie Carson is averagin 38 points over the last three games (2 of them scrimmages). Can he maintain that output against a solid Anderson County squad?
- Caldwell County has hopes of competing for a 2nd region title, so they'll be looking to start off this season with a bang.
- Cordia may have the most talent in the state, tonight we'll found out how much of that talent will suit up and how they'll mesh in a real game.
- Jeffersontown beat Fairdale in OT on Tuesday, how well they fare against another quality Louisville team?