Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
December 4, 2013
Brent Bach Ready for Second Game
The second night of High School Hoops in Kentucky was ripe with upsets and surprising scores. Here's a few of the biggest scores from yesterday.
#1 Ballard (102 )vs. Seneca (68)
#2 Knott County Central (93) vs. Jenkins (25)
#4 Perry County Central (74) vs. Breathitt County (52)
#7 Newport Central Catholic (66) vs. Dixie Heights (35)
#10 Doss (72) #8 Pleasure Ridge Park (67)
#9 Holmes (87) vs. Newport (45)
#13 Wayne County (68) vs. South Laurel (64)
#14 Thomas Nelson (81) vs. Bullitt Central (58)
#16 Hazard (71) at Estill County (41)
Boyle County (72) vs. #17 Lexington Christian Academy (53)
#18 Henderson County (57 )vs. Evansville Harrison (IN) (56)
#20 Bryan Station (63) vs. Rowan County (53)
#22 Bishop Brossart (64) vs. St. Henry (47)
Western (61) at #24 Male (43)
#25 Mason County (79) vs. Boyd County (70)
Oldham County (64) at DeSales (57)
West Jessamine (80) at Fleming County (76)
Madison Central (77) at Madison Southern (55)
Woodford County (65)vs. Paul Laurence Dunbar (63)
Russell County (54) at Lincoln County (50)
Graves County (64) vs. Livingston Central (34)
Pulaski County (91) vs. East Jessamine (81)
South Warren (63) vs. Allen County-Scottsville (52)
Owen County (72) vs. Western Hills (45)
Taylor County (79) vs. Washington County (21)
Jeffersontown (92) at Fairdale (86)
DuPont Manual (69) at Christian Academy of Louisville (55)
- Ballard's Quentin Snider had 28 points last night, bringing his average to 30 ppg through 2 games. Kelan Martin added 25 points, bringing his average to 27 ppg. Malik Dow also chipped in 20 points and 10 rebounds.
- Camron Justice broke 2000 points for his career with 27 points, bringing his career total to 2023 points. Simon Christon also added 10 points and 13 rebounds for the Patriots.
- Justin Johnson and Braxton Beverly both had double-doubles last night. Johnson had 27 points and 30 rebounds and Beverly had 23 points and 10 assists.
- Drew McDonald led Newport Central Catholic past Dixie Heights last night with 18 points. Zack Pangallo added 14 points and Ben Weyer had 11 for the Breds. USC Upstate signee Jake Schulte had 8 points and 4 blocks while Vermont signee Brandon Hatton had 14 points.
- Terrell Gray had 29 points for Doss as they beat PRP. LaMontray Harris had 21 points and D'Angelo Hunter chipped in 15 points for PRP.
- James Bolden had 18 points for Holmes as they dispatched Newport 87-45 last night.
- Dikembe Dixson had 25 points and 10 rebounds as Thomas Nelson beat Bullitt Central.
- Quentin Goodin had 17 points, 3 steals, 3 rebounds and 4 assists last night against Washington County in only three quarters of action. His freshman teammate David Sloan had 19 points 4 assists 5 rebounds and 3 steals.
- Chris Hudson had 26 points and 15 rebounds last night as Hazard beat Estill County 71-41.
- Hagen Tyler led Boyle County with 28 points as the Rebels beat #17 LCA 72-53. Matt Rose had 14 points and 14 rebounds for LCA.
- David Simmons had 10 points and 13 rebounds for Henderson County including the game winning free throws as the Colonels beat Evansville Harrison (IN). Cain Cooper added 15 points and 9 rebounds and Bryce Crowley hit 4-of-6 three point attempts.
- Jordan Henry had 17 points and 11 rebounds for Bryan Station as the Defenders won their first game against Rowan County. Tyler Thacker ad 25 for the Vikings.
- Alex Trentman and Drew Burns had 23 and 18 points respectively as the Bishop Brossart Mustangs won their season opener against St. Henry.
- Mason County beat Boyd County 79-70 last night, Lukas Greenhill had a game high 27 points and Shawn Johnson chipped in 22 points for the Royals.
- Daulton Peters had 30 points for West Jessamine as they beat Fleming County 80-76. Not to be outdone Troy Steward had 36 points for the Panthers.
- Demarcus George had 12 points and 12 rebounds and Sam Jones had 13 points and 11 rebounds for Madison Central as they beat rival Madison Southern 77-55 last night. Tanner Kidwell led Madison Southern with 15 points.
- Jake Williams had 17 points for Graves County as they beat Livingston Central 64-34.
- Ronnie Carson had 40 points, 5 assists and 5 rebounds last night as East Jessamine fell 81-91 to Pulaski County.
- Zach McDaniel led South Warren past Allen County-Scottsville with 15 points, 8 rebounds and 4 assists. Jake Sikes had 21 points for ACS in the loss.
- Carson Williams had 25 points and 21 rebounds for Owen County in a big win over Western Hills.
- Brandon Marshall had 27 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals, Daniel Williams had 20 points, 6 rebounds, 5 assists and 4 steals, Brandon Johnson had 14 points, 5 rebounds and 4 assists and Gavin Stiggall had 14 points and 19 rebounds as Jeffersontown beat Fairdale. Cory Thomas had 33 points for Fairdale in the loss.
- Dwayne Sutton had 22 points, 20 rebounds, 5 assists and 5 steals as Manual beat CAL.
Mercer County vs. TBA (KSA Events Beach Bash Atlantis)
Allen Central vs. Riverside Christian
Augusta vs. Robertson County
Cooper vs. Walton-Verona*
Lexington Catholic vs. Frankfort
Southern vs. Evangel Christian
Williamstown vs. Gallatin County
*Game of the Day
- Augusta's Brent Bach scored 29 points in his first game. Can he outdo that performance tonight?
- Grant Brannen is in his first season at Walton-Verona after leaving Newport Central Catholic this Summer. How will his Bearcats fare against a really solid Cooper squad?
- Lexington Catholic opens against a Frankfort team that got obliterated against DeSales Monday night. Is this game enough of a tune-up for the Knights game at Cordia on Friday?